The Tallboy has earned a loyal following amongst those who seek a go-to bike that will hold up to the relentless hammering of "power hour" hot laps or long days in the saddle harvesting the best trails. The highly-refined VPP™ suspension on the Tallboy combines pedaling efficiency and all-out bump-chomping prowess. If ever there was a gravity riders’ XC bike, the Tallboy is it.
Chainstay length and seat angle are matched to the frame size (STA steepens and rear center grows as frame size increases) so that every rider, no matter what height, gets the same balance of geometry and handling characteristics. Santa Cruz tailors stiffness for every size to make sure everyone gets the same ride quality. Bigger riders means greater stresses on larger frames, but that's remedied with Santa Cruz's size-specific frame stiffness tunes.
- Glovebox - Place your ride essentials securely in the Tallboy's downtube. The Glovebox comes with a fitted Tool Wallet and Tube Purse, tailored for the frame to keep your tools close to hand.
- Lower starting ratio and increased ending ratio of the leverage curve, making it sensitive further into the travel and helps the bike ride higher in its stroke, producing a more responsive, snappy feal.
- Significantly reducing peak anti-squat (over previous generations of Tallboy) has improved both small bump sensitivity and square-edged compliance. And because anti-squat values trend with anti-rise, we were also able to reduce the anti-rise to improve braking sensitivity.
- Frame: Carbon C
- Fork: FOX 34 Float Performance, 130mm, 29"
- Shock: FOX Float Performance DPS
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Shifters: SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Crankset: SRAM GX Eagle 148 DUB, 32t
- Cassette: SRAM XG1275 Eagle, 12spd, 10-50t
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB 68/73mm
- Brakes: SRAM G2 R
- Brake Rotors: Avid Centerline 180mm
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated
- Handlebars: Burgtec Alloy Bar, 800mm
- Stem: Burgtec Enduro MK3, 42mm
- Grips: Santa Cruz House Grips
- Front Hub: DT Swiss 370, 15x110, 32h
- Rear Hub: DT Swiss 370, 12x148, XD, 32h
- Rims: RaceFace AR Offset 30 29" Rims
- Front Tire: Maxxis Dissector, 29"x2.4, 3C, EXO, MaxxTerra, TR
- Rear Tire: Maxxis Rekon, 29"x2.4, 3C. EXO, MaxxTerra, TR
- Seat Post: SDG Tellis Dropper, 31.6
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Medium CroMo