- All products are added to your cart.
To get the weight down to the 150-gram mark without sacrificing power transfer, Specialized implemented all the engineering bells and whistles they could think of. And when that wasn’t enough, they thought up some more. The carbon outsole was developed using an advanced form of Finite Element Analysis and pressure mapping to pull out material where it wasn’t needed. This allowed us to keep crazy-high stiffness numbers, too. For the uppers, we completely removed the heel counter. And with a little help from the space-grade Dyneema® mesh and some CubicTec reinforcement, the heel molds to the back of your foot, so nary a watt is wasted. Lastly, we developed a new Warp Sleeve vamp that let us get rid of the toe box, and this further cut down the weight and increased the comfort.
Of course Specialized couldn't do any of the above without including our coveted Body Geometry features, like the Longitudinal Arch, Varus Wedge, and Metatarsal Button. Each one of these features have been ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to not only boost power, but to also increase efficiency and to reduce the risk of injury.
- Body Geometry sole and footbed are ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce the chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment.
- Our lightest FACT Powerline™ carbon plate maximizes power transfer: Stiffness Index 13.0
- A revolutionary Dyneema® Mesh allows us to achieve weight without sacrificing hold for the ultimate connection and comfort.
- BOA® IP1 Fit System for on-the-fly micro-adjustment, backed by the Boa Guarantee.
- Titanium alloy cleat nuts can rotate to position pedal/cleats 5mm rearward.
- Non-slip, replaceable heel tread with internally recessed screws for security.
- Form Fit last with a Warp Sleeve vamp for the ultimate in connectivity, comfort, and speed.
- Three-bolt cleat pattern fits all major road pedals.
- Approximate weight: 140g (1/2 pair, Size 42)