- All products are added to your cart.
Caledonia doesn’t fit in a box nicely, and we like it that way. It was conceived on Cervelo's crew Thursday night rides—routes that often play fast and loose with ‘road ride.’ As they tried to stuff bigger tires into the R5s and streamline our Asperos, a new kind of bike was born.
When Cervelo design a bike, they start with their library of tube shapes. These shapes are tubes they've used on other models that their designers know to have various qualities—aerodynamic, stiff, ultralight, etc.—and they help get us to the refinement stage on a bike more quickly. In the case of Caledonia, they wanted durability, lightweight, and aerodynamics to be in balance and selected a package that achieved the performance demands of this kind of race bike.
Caledonia uses a standard round bar, stem, and seat post, giving riders the option to build their ultimate ride without compromise. Integrated accessory mounts and hidden fender mounts keep the bike’s refined lines so you can ride with lights and computers in a downpour and still look fast. Because we all know if it looks fast, it probably is.
Rather than designing multiple versions of the bike with various fit profiles (R5, R-Series, etc.) like they've done in the past, Cervelo designed a system that enables a broad range of fits on a single bike while maintaining the aesthetic and functional cleanliness we demand. Modern road riders are looking for bikes to handle long-distance, high pace, no limits, and offer maximum fun. By placing lower modulus carbon in key areas to mitigate the brittleness of hi-mod fiber—the Caledonia delivers performance, comfort, and speed. Oh, and you can fit a 34mm tire in there. Or 31mm with fenders.
- Cassette Shimano 105 R7000, 11-34
- Chain Shimano HG601
- Pedals Not Included
- Rotors Shimano RT66, 160mm
- Tires Vittoria Zaffiro Pro V G2.0, 700x30c
- Wheel - Front Alexrims Boondocks-5D, Tubeless Ready, 21mm IW
- Wheel - Rear Alexrims Boondocks-5D, Tubeless Ready, 21mm IW
- Frame Material Monocoque Carbon
- Fork Cervélo All-Carbon, Tapered
- Headset FSA IS2 1-1/8 x 1-1/2
- Seatpost Cervélo Alloy, 27.2mm
- Front Derailleur Shimano 105 R7000
- Rear Derailleur Shimano 105 R7000
- Crankset Shimano 105 R7000, 52/36
- Bottom Bracket JY-BB 24
- Brake Calipers Shimano 105 R7020
- Shifters / Levers Shimano 105 R7020
- Stem Cervélo Alloy
- Handlebar Cervélo Alloy
- Saddle Cervelo Road